- You cannot add "Brad'Fer, le Fer Vegan d’Origine Naturelle des BIO Frères" to the basket because the product is out of stock.
Ferrrocious, vegan iron of natural origin from the BIO Frères
Discover Ferrrocious, our iron with a naturally sourced active form for people with iron-deficiency or fatigue, women and people on a vegetarian/vegan diet.
This natural, organic and vegan food supplement provides iron supplements for 3 months.
It comes in a super stylish, reusable, recycled-cardboard container of 90 tablets with a renewable and sustainable cork lid.
And if you ever want to build up a small stock just in case
🎁postage is free for orders of 3 or more items
🚚Delivery in 3 to 5 working days
Does not replace a varied and balanced diet or a healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Keep out of reach of young children.
What is iron?
Iron contributes to:
- the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- normal formation of red blood cells and haemoglobin
- normal functioning of the immune system
We recommend iron supplements for people with iron deficiency or fatigue, women and people on a vegetarian or vegan diet.
Iron is present either in a haem form (from blood:)) or in a non-haem form (from plants).
To find out all about the forms, sources and deficiencies: read Alexis’ article
Curry leaves at the origin of our organic Ferrrocious
Murraya Koenigii (curry leaf) is a medicinal plant native to India, Sri Lanka and other South Asian countries. The leaves are naturally rich in many phytonutrients: magnesium, selenium, calcium and especially iron. The leaves also contain a source of vitamin C, which improves the absorption of iron.
Iron coming from animal origin increases oxidative stress, unlike iron found in plants. Chemical iron salts are often difficult to digest.
To sum up, curry leaves contain a bioavailable non-haem iron.
How to supplement with iron?
The NHS recommends the following amounts of iron :
- 8.7 mg a day for men over 18
- 14.8 mg a day for women aged 19 to 50
- 8.7 mg a day for women over 50
One tablet of organic Ferrrocious provides an average of 7 mg of iron, i.e. 47% of the daily intake for women under 50 and 80% of the daily intake for men.
To optimise absorption, it is recommended to swallow your organic Ferrrocious tablet with a glass of fruit juice. The tablet is unflavoured and sugar-free because this is the recommendation for iron tablets. Don’t be caught out by sucking or crunching the tablet, or keeping it in your mouth as the metal taste of iron is not pleasant!
In case of anaemia, you should put off drinking your tea or coffee for two hours after taking Cast Iron. The tannins in tea and coffee are iron chelators and so will stop it being absorbed.
An eco-friendly, reusable and super stylish container!
To hold all this without generating too much waste we provide 90 easy-to-swallow tablets in one container for a whole 3 months of iron supplements.
Being interested in the welfare of our animal friends and then creating products with lots of plastic would make no sense, so we have thought of everything. Our container is a real champion of eco-friendliness.
- It is made of recycled cardboard so no contribution to deforestation.
- For the lid we chose natural cork that is recyclable forever!
- The inner lining is suitable for food contact.
- The container is covered by a label printed on FSC paper (eco-friendly paper management and Imprim’vert label). Its a peelable label so the container can be re-used to reduce waste. We are also working hard to provide you with refills in recyclable bags.
A formulation that couldn’t be simpler
We have carefully chosen two ORGANIC ingredients for our easy-to-swallow vegan iron supplement tablets:
- Organic curry tree extract Leaf – Murraya koenigii
- Organic acacia gum